The Association of Professional Teachers is proud to co-sponsor an educational inquiry group series 2019 with APST member Mariana Caplan PhD, MFT, E-RYT 500:
On December 12, 2018 we (APST) held a special introductory webinar meeting with Mariana to discuss the background and topics that will be included in her inquiry group series. Thank you to all who registered and were able to attend. We all appreciated the interaction in the meeting and your thoughtful questions and discussion.
Below is the video of that meeting, and under the video you will find more details about the online group inquiry series coming up. Enjoy!
Inquiry Group for Spiritual Leaders: “Preventative Psychological Health for Spiritual Leaders: Creating and Sustaining Psycho-Spiritual Health in Spiritual Communities” with Mariana Caplan PhD, MFT, E-RYT 500
This is an online inquiry group open to anyone in a position of spiritual leadership, including but not limited to: spiritual teachers, mentors, yoga teachers, spiritual counselors and guides, clergy, meditation/mindfulness teachers, and leaders from any religious tradition.
Dates/Time: 12 Thursdays from 1:00 – 3:00 PST, beginning January 10 (or when a minimum of 6 participants are enrolled).
Meeting Platform: Sessions will take place using Zoom Meetings and will be recorded and available to all group members if you need to miss any sessions.
Register for Inquiry Group: https://www.realspirituality.com/preventative-psychological-health
- Why Psychological Inquiry and Support is Necessary for Spiritual Leaders and Their Communities
- Projections, Transference, and Countertransference in the Student-Teacher relationship
- The Necessity of Peer Support for Spiritual Leaders
- Trauma and the Body in Spiritual Life
- Boundaries and Confidentiality
- Creating Healthy Systems of Feedback Within Communities
- Cultic Dynamics and Group Mind/Group Think
- Healthy Individuation Among Spiritual Teachers and Students
- Spiritual Bypassing in Teachers and Students
Mariana Caplan, PhD, MFT, E-RYT 500, is a psychotherapist, yoga teacher, and the author of eight books in the fields of psychology and spirituality that have been translated in more than a dozen languages. she consults, mediates, and provide psychological services for spiritual teachers, spiritual emergences and emergencies, and individuals and spiritual communities both in crises, as well as those in spiritual leadership positions seeking preventative psychological support for their communities. Learn more: YogaandPsyche.com and RealSpirituality.com.